Sunday, May 29, 2011

Perth in Autumn

I'm in unchartered territory - for me anyway. Spending Autumn in Perth, on our 4 previous visits to Perth prior to moving here I had never been here in Autumn, it was always Spring or Summer. I have to say I am loving it. Traditionally Anzac day in Canberra is the start of the freezing weather, the start of long sleeves until at least September. But Perth is so different and I am not taking the differences for granted in any way. I should note, you won't see me blogging about what I miss or the cons of living in Perth. It goes without saying that we miss our friends and family so much, but life is about embracing change and all the positives in life and as such I don't stop very often, if ever to feel sad or sorry about our situation - we are so very fortunate. I just wanted to note that so that you know.

Anyway, as I was saying...Autumn in Perth, at least for us is:

Visits to the park (and not having to rug us all up!)

Visits to the beach:


Taking a swing in the backyard at 5.30PM (again without having to rug up!)


Enjoying a family dinner outside (okay so maybe that ocean breeze is sometimes a little too cool to enjoy dinner outside without a jumper...but you can't have everything right?)



1 comment:

  1. It's lovely isn't it! I think we've just turned the corner though... I had my usual t-shirt on today and a few times I thought about maybe putting on a cardigan LOL

    ReplyDelete