Monday, November 21, 2011

Dry Erase Calendar

I'm going to completely ignore the fact that I've been MIA in a big way. I have all the best excuses though with the Uni semester finishing, an interstate trip and the general busyness of our family. But I'm going to try post lots in the coming weeks as I am on holidays and keen to enjoy them by letting my inner creative crafty self come out.

This week I completed the first of a long list of things I want to create. It is a dry erase calendar. My plan was to use colours to intergrate with the feature wall and splashback in the same living space. The completed product has definitely done this.

I started with an Ikea frame


Next up was the collection of paint swatches
I then painted the back board that came in the photo frame, I had some white/cream paint in the shed so I used this to create a nice background for the calendar. Using an old calendar lying around I cut the shapes out of the swatches for each day of the month, a year and month slot. I used a measuring tape to accurately place each square on the board...and this is what I created.

I have to say I'm biting at the bit to write things on to the calendar. It's so easy to write on and will be easy to wipe off at the end of the month too. Our house desperately needed a central point to put our whereabouts so I'm thrilled we can now do this so easily.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to have you blogging again! I love it and it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete