Thursday, December 29, 2011

Click

That's what that movie is called isn't it?! Where Adam Sandler has the remote and can see his life as if they were just sections on a DVD.
I wish I could put all my memories onto a device like the one in the movie and relive them when I wanted to. I find myself agreeing to read 1 more book to the boys, falling at each hurdle they throw me just so I can live in that moment just a second longer. Don't get me wrong, the kids have the ability to send me from 0 to 100 on the angry/frustrated scale within a matter of seconds BUT the feeling of completion they give me - that completion that I never knew I had been missing, the happiness I feel in our family unit soars far higher than the angry scale could ever go. Moving away from everything we have ever known has been the hardest and most rewarding thing our little unit could ever have done. And its not just the boys I count in that feeling, its the 4 of us. I'm not one of those people to publicly ooze an abundant amount of soppy affection about my life so I'll stop these there. I'm tired, hubby is away and I'm missing him. So I'm sitting here trying to get myself to a sleepy state, so really I could go on for ever. But I won't. My family is ultimately what I feel anyway, I couldn't possibly relate it all to somebody else.

So what I originally came in to blog about was language. Its the theme of the day here with master 4 at speech therapy to try fix his pronunciation habits that can affect his ability to communicate some messages. Like anything, when you start working on it you notice it more so every element of Master 4s language has been the focus of much of my attention.

We are really enjoying in the thick of the fournager years here and getting served a true variety of language in all its flavour. Comments like 'I want you to go and die' really do leave you with a feeling of warmth and love deep inside don't they!?
On the weekend I headed to the shops and on departure I asked Master 4 if he needed anything, his response was Yes, intrigued I asked him what he needed and his response was 'Um, something we don't have'. Clearly he got his shopping tendencies from his mother AND has outsourced the buying part, smart lad.
I wish I had a mental memo board to take note of all the funny things he has said, its all a vague distant memory.

We are thoroughly enjoying the other end of the spectrum as well, Master 1 just finding his voice and saying single words, 'UCK' is often yelled in the car when he sees a truck bus/train/large utility vehicle, we also have Car, duck, mum, dad, Santa which is adorably pronounced SAAAANTAAA. He also tries other words, IF he feels like it when asked. But generally he is a quiet kid preferring to use gestures to communicate. Which works fine, for now.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment