Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Fresh summer coolness

With hot days upon (most of) us I've turned to looking for cool treats that are egg and dairy free so our littlest man can enjoy them with us. You don't need an ice cream making you just need to get clever.

I made banana sorbet last week and it turned out really well, and is so so easy. Using just 1 cup caster sugar and 1 cup of water along with 1 cup of mashed banana follow this method


Preparation method
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 4 hours
1. In a small saucepan, stir together sugar and water. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and allow to cool.
2. When the sugar syrup is cool, stir in bananas. Pour into a freezer - safe baking dish. Freeze for 3 to 4 hours, until set at the edges.
3. Remove from the freezer and transfer to a mixing bowl. Use an electric mixer to beat until smooth. Return to the freezer until gently set, at least 2 hours.
(source: http://allrecipes.com.au/recipe/10658/banana-sorbet.aspx).

The result is a smooth and tasty sorbet that is not too sweet and the perfect accompaniment to a summer fruit salad. I'll come and add a photo later...but mine looked pretty much the same as the one from the link!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Heather, I had to re-draw the 2nd winner of the iphone case giveaway I had going and you're it! Are you able to email me and I'll grab your address? K x.

    ReplyDelete